Friday, February 5, 2016

Reaching Your Goals and Drawing Close to God While Getting Healthy

Philippians 4:20: Now unto our God and Father
be the glory for ever and ever. Amen.
This is my before and after picture after losing 145 pounds by God's grace.  I'm finding it easier to chase after the dreams God has put in my heart since I've reached my healthy BMI range. Anyone else who has a lot of weight to lose, please be encouraged, stay strict on your diet plan, and you can have great results! I lost 145 lbs in 19 months.  The end result is worth every single sacrifice- I promise!  

In the before picture I had just been crying  from how much I hated being obese, and I was battling depression, self-image issues, knee problems, back problems, stomach problems, and plantar fasciitis.  In the after picture I was just about to walk into my interview to become a licensed minister. I passed the interview and my license will arrive in the mail any time. I am so excited to have reached another of my goals by becoming a licensed minister.  Praise God. (I went to Global University in the program called the Berean School of the Bible if anyone has thought about going to Bible school online and is looking for an affordable, Biblical program.)  Since losing weight I am also working toward my dream of becoming an author by working on writing two books (one is a devotional about drawing close to God and the other is a book about my weight loss journey.)  Let's draw closer to God and chase after our goals today!  

This morning I received an email from a beautiful lady about the spiritual refinement and closeness with God she finds when honoring the Lord with her health, and she was kind enough to give me permission to share this quote from her email:  "I find myself so much more open to the spirit of God when I am honoring my physical body by eating right and am at a healthy weight.  And it is a striking difference.  I feel love, joy and peace much more abundantly and I praise God naturally.  I also feel more love for others. The only word that comes to mind when I try to describe it is a spiritual refinement - being more connected with my own spirit, and thereby God's."

I'm thankful for this sweet lady, and for her honesty. Isn't it true that it is easier to draw close to God and to reach our goals when we are making healthy choices for our bodies?  If you have found this to be true in your own life, please share about it in the comments or send me an email. 


What's your next big goal?  Feel free to share it in the comments or email  me about it at mrs.marlene.bishop@gmail.com.

8 comments:

  1. You are an inspiration! Thanks for your blog and for following your heart and doing good in the world! Best wishes in your ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration! Thanks for your blog and for following your heart and doing good in the world! Best wishes in your ministry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow amazing job. I am happy to be your friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marlene ...you know when I first started out with my wdggt loss journey I had decided to put God in it for i am the who destroyed what he gave me and I wanted to start all over and prove to him I could get it right. Along the way I lost my way and some how God was the out of my thoughts. In the beginning I was losing weight left and right. But when I stopped including God g totally slowed and nearly stopped all weight loss. As I searched my mind what I was doing different I realized the main important thing I had forgotten to honor God and trusting him. Before reading this blog last night I decided to show my loyalty to God and placing him first to allow him show me all things are possible thru him. so this morning I got up early which I never do. But I remembered a verse in the Bible that said joy comes in the morning. I believe that's there for a reason. So g started my day off wgtg a prayer and went for a workout listening to Christian music. I normally listen to filthy rap music. I know that isn't very Godly but that type of music motivates me and I like it. But I am sure God does not.don't get me wrong I always listen to Christian music as well but my go to workout music has always been hip hop. But on my weight loss journey I not only want to clean up my health but also my mind. I am in a cleansing process. I want to be the best at what God expects of me. I want to prove that I honor the body he gave me and stop mistreating it. The same with my mind. So thank you for sharing your story it gap motivated me even more. I see a healing thru you. I can't wait to read your book. I'm pm glad you added me and I would love to meet you one day. Thank you for caring about my health and always being so kind. Love u my sister in Christ ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, thank you so much for your honesty and for your encouragement. I love your facebook group because you always post creative recipes and funny quotes. Your posts make me smile. Have you tried Christian rap music at all? Just an idea. :) Thank you for writing such a thoughtful comment. Have a blessed day!

      Delete
  5. I love you Marlene! Just beautiful soul! Thank you for your vulnerability and in sharing your heart with the world! I love how awesome our lives can be when we truly take care of our bodies! It is a way of honoring God! Keep moving forward my friend!

    ReplyDelete